City and Colour is Dallas Green. With a poignant vocal styling and lyrics that speak of impulse and introspection, Green affects his audience by offering his own personal testimony.
The newest release ( Feb 12,2008) titled BRING ME YOUR LOVE, is available now.
City and Colour originated when Green -- whose Platinum-selling band Alexisonfire won a 2005 Juno Award for New Group of the Year -- released a limited edition EP of songs performed on solo acoustic guitar. Wildly circulated on the Internet, the release caused such an overwhelming underground buzz that fans, as far away as Europe and Australia, were emailing the Alexisonfire site asking how to obtain copies.
Taking it all in stride, Green remained sincere, and affable, debuting his full-length album entitled "Sometimes" under his solo moniker City and Colour in November 2005. A culmination of music that Green has been writing for over a decade, the album achieved Platinum certification in 2006, surpassing any expectations he had. Critically acclaimed solo performances, a special appearance at Burton Cumming's Songwriter's Circle during the 2005 Junos (cited by Media as a highlight of the Junos) and a performance at the 2006 MuchMusic Video Awards, where Green won "PEOPLE'S CHOICE FAVOURITE CANADIAN ARTIST" were just icing on the cake.
City and Colour's latest creation entitled "City and Colour Live" brings fans front row and center to experience some of the most memorable moments from sold out tours across the nation. From Vancouver to Halifax, "City and Colour Live" features 13 heart-wrenching live tracks captured on both CD and DVD with 7 bonus tracks combined, a special acoustic performance of Alexisonfire's "Happiness by the Kilowatt", and a limited edition release contained a USB drive featuring highlight footage.
Green's melodically driven musical lyricism has earned City and Colour Juno 2007 nominations for Alternative Album of The Year and Jack Richardson Producer of the Year for "Save Your Scissors". City and Colour and Alexisonfire perform on The 2007 JUNO Awards, April 1 on CTV. Dallas took home the Juno for "Alternative Album of The Year", for sometimes.
Key Points for City and Colour:
- Winner of the "BEST NEW SOLO ARTIST" in the Rock Category at the Canadian Radio Music awards
- Juno 2007 nominations for Alternative Album of The Year and Jack Richardson Producer of the Year for "Save Your Scissors"; nominated as member of Alexisonfire for Group of The Year.
- Debut album "Sometimes" achieves Platinum certification in Canada, December 2006.
- City and Colour Artist of the Year Cover Story, Chart Magazine, December 2006.
- Winner of "PEOPLE'S CHOICE FAVOURITE CANADIAN ARTIST" award at the at 2006 MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVAs).
- Featured performer at 2006 MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVAs) alongside popular artists such as Nelly Furtado, Rihanna, and Fall Out Boy.
- Invited to perform as opener for national Dashboard Confessional tour, Summer 2006.
- Sold-out UK tour, May 2006.
- Sold-out Canadian tour, April 2006.
- Debut album "Sometimes" achieves Gold certification in Canada, March 2006.
- Video for "Save your Scissors" shoots to #1 and HEAVY rotation on MuchMusic's Powershift Top 30.
- Video for "Comin' Home" shoots to #1 on MuchMoreMusic.
- Single "Save your Scissors" and "Comin' Home" multi-formatic radio.
- Winner of "Favourite Solo Artist of the Year" at the Indie Awards during Canadian Music Week 2006.
- 1.9 Million plays on popular website www.myspace.com
- Live performance and numerous appearances on Canada's MuchOnDemand.
- Recorded for CBC Radio 2 at the Calgary Folk Music Festival, 7/29/07.
Dallas Green artist