At the risk of repeating myself, you can learn a lot about an artist by listening to a My Playlist show. You can learn a lot about other artists, too.
That's especially true with this week's guest disc spinner, John Mann — actor, songwriter and lead singer of Western Canadian Music Hall of Fame band Spirit of the West.
Just to refresh your memory from frosh week:
Without spilling the beans completely, here are just five of Mann's tidbits from this week's My Playlist:
1. His own Madonna/Britney moment with a high-profile Canadian pop star.
2. Why "skrumpy" is maybe not the best way to start your day.
3. Which blues and rock icon suggested he take a flying leap, so to speak.
4. Canada's finest singer-songwriter.
5. Why David Letterman's favourite Candian singer deserves her moniker, "potty mouth."
Listen to Inside the Music by clicking the play button and via Radio 2 Sunday at 3 p.m. (3:30 NT) and Radio One on Sunday at 9 p.m. (9:30 N.L.)
John Mann's playlist
1. "Hockey Skates," Kathleen Edwards
2. "I Miss my Mind the Most," Paul Hyde
3. "Firecracker," Frazey Ford
4. "Will the Circle be Unbroken," the Wonder Stuff
5. "Waiting for the Great Leap Forward," Billy Bragg
6. "Fast Car," Tracey Chapman
7."Clifton Springs," Steven Page
8. "Love of the Islands," Aly Bain and friends
9. "Throw your Arms Around Me," Hunters and Collectors
10. "Hockey," Jane Siberry