For 25 years now, Jim Corcoran has been hosting A Propos and introducing some of the best singers and songwriters from the francophone world to CBC Radio’s audience. Gearing up for A Propos’ special 25th birthday program, we thought it would be a great time for you to hear the amazing new versions of all of our 10 essential songs, gathered in one place.
To celebrate his 25 years as host of A Propos, Corcoran picked 10 "essential" songs written in Quebec and asked 10 superb songwriters and singers to revisit, rearrange and record them just for A Propos. The result went beyond expectations.
The reimagined songs and artists who reworked them include:
1. Jean Leloup's “L’amour est sans pitié,” by Jérôme Minière
2. Jérôme Minière's “Poussière d’or,” by Sylvie Paquette
3. Geneviève Paris' “Pas de mots,” by Marie-Pierre Arthur
4. Les colocs' “Le répondeur,” by Marc Déry
5. Daniel Bélanger's “Intouchable et immortel,” by Louis-Jean Cormier
6. Karkwa's “Moi-Léger,” by Alexandre Désilets
7. Mara Tremblay's “Les aurores,” by Patrice Michaud
8. Richard Desjardins' “Jenny,” by Luc De Larochellière
9. Luc De Larochellière's “Si fragile,” by Caracol
10. Lhasa's “La confession,” by Martha Wainwright
On this week’s edition, you’ll hear all of the songs and discover what's behind each lyric. If you want to listen to the full translations, you will find them in the audio section of A Propos.
If you'd like to watch these exclusive recordings and see the artists at work, you can find all of them in our video section, or listen to the playlist below.
You can also see great photo galleries of the sessions and read about these unique recordings in our previous posts:
Martha Wainwright and Patrice Michaud celebrate 25 years of CBC's A Propos
Luc De Larochellière and Caracol celebrate 25 years of CBC's A Propos
Louis-Jean Cormier, Alexandre Désilets and Marc Déry celebrate 25 years of CBC's A Propos
Marie-Pierre Arthur, Jérôme Minière and Sylvie Paquette celebrate 25 years of CBC's A Propos
Missed an episode? Want to hear one of our programs again? Have a listen via A Propos' archive. The show airs Sunday at 4 p.m. (4:30 p.m. NT) on CBC Radio 2 and Saturday at 11 p.m. (6 p.m. AT, 6:30 p.m. NT) on CBC Radio One.
on Oct 23, 2013