The winner of the contest is Kimberley BC's Colin Squirrell who requested Little Scream's 'Heron and the Fox'. Congratulations and enjoy the show, Colin!
CBC Music wants to send you to the Calgary Folk Festival, but you're going to have to work for it.
We're giving away four-day festival passes plus airfare and accomodation for two, flying from anywhere in Canada. The contest opens June 15 at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT and closes July 4 at midnight PT.
The winner will be announced on CBC Radio 3 on July 6.
Here's what you have to do to win: we need your help to build this year's festival dream setlist. Who are you excited to see perform, and what song should they sing?
There are two ways to enter the contest:
:: Leave your suggestions in the comments below.
:: Tweet your suggestions with the hashtag #DreamSetList.
Good luck and we hope to see you in Calgary at the end of July!
Who do you want to see at the Calgary Folk Fest(“Contest”)
from 4:00pm MDT on June 15, 2012 to 3:00am MDT on July 5, 2012 (“Contest Period”)
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (“CBC”)
and the Calgary Folk Music Festival (the “Sponsor”)
1. HOW TO ENTER
No purchase required. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period do one of the following:
Visit the blog at http://music.cbc.ca/blogs/2012/6/Contest-who-do-you-want-to-see-at-the-Calgary-Folk-Fest (the “Website”) and list off which artist you’d like to see perform at this year’s festival and what song you’d like to hear or.
If you are a member of twitter, sign into your account and follow tweet your choice of artists at # DreamSetList.
If you are not a member of twitter you can join for free if you are 13 years of age or older by following the “Sign Up” instructions found at http://www.twitter.com.
To be valid, entries must be received by July 5, 2012 3:00 am MDT.
Contest is open to all Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
Employees of CBC, the Sponsor and their affiliates, as well as such employees’ immediate family (father/mother, brother/sister, son/daughter) or persons living under the same roof are not eligible to enter this Contest.
3. PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING PRIZES
On July 6, 2012, a random draw will be conducted by Lana Gay during the live broadcast of “Lanarama” from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first selected contestant to correctly answer the mandatory mathematical skill-testing question shall be declared the winner, subject to meeting all the conditions described in these rules.
4. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S)
The winner will receive a trip for two to Calgary, including:
return economy airfares for two people from the Canadian airport closest to the winner’s residence;
accommodation at a hotel to be chosen by CBC in its sole discretion (double occupancy).
4-day festival passes
The prize includes only what is specifically described and no other allowance will be granted. The winner and his/her travel companion will have to pay all other expenses including, but not limited to:
meals and beverages;
transportation costs, including round-trip transfers between the winner’s residence and departure airport; and between the destination airport and hotel;
travel insurance (cancellation, medical, etc.);
gratuities, tips, taxes of any kind;
The winner and his/her travel companion, if applicable, are responsible for obtaining a valid passport and/or other required travel documentation at their own expense. If the winner and his/her travel companion are unable to travel because they lack proper documentation, the prize will be forfeited without compensation, and a new draw may be held. Winner may be required by hotel to provide a valid credit card to cover incidental expenses.
The winner must be available to travel on the dates mentioned in the prize description.. If the winner is unable to travel on the designated dates, the prize will be forfeited without compensation and a new draw may be held. If the winner resides in Calgary the airfare part of the prize will be forfeited. CBC is not responsible for the cancellation of any of the festival, in the case of cancellation that part of the prize will be forfeited.
The total approximate retail value of the prize is$2,390.00..
5. GENERAL RULES
1. To be declared a winner, the selected contestant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
2. The winner shall sign a release declaring their eligibility as stipulated in Section 2 of these rules; agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge; and releasing CBC, the Sponsor, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees (the “Contest Parties”) from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in this Contest or from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize.
Anyone accompanying the winner in connection with the prize shall sign a release agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge, and releasing the Contest Parties from all liability for any damage or loss arising from use of the prize.
3. The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited.
4. If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, CBC and the Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value, as determined in their sole discretion.
5. Refusal to accept the prize releases the Contest Parties from any obligation toward the winner.
6. If a contestant makes any false statement, (s)he will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
7. The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail; technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest; (vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Contest; or (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping.
8. CBC reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, CBC reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. If the identity of a contestant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the contestant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server.
11. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the CBC. CBC is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
12. CBC reserves the right to amend the Contest rules or to terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to these Contest rules will be posted on the Website.
13. By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest rules and the decisions of CBC, which decisions are final and binding on all contestants.
14. Contest rules are available on the Website.
June 25, 2012
Pedro Mendes CANADIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION
on Jun 15, 2012