Listen to the Radio 2 Top 20 (Aug. 23)
This week's poll is now closed. Click here to vote on next week's chart.
Only one new track on the chart this week. Well, it’s not really new since it’s been on the chart before. What is amazing, though, is that City and Colour’s “The Lonely Life" enters all the way up at number four.
If you’re looking for a really creative date idea for your weekend, look no further than Luke Nicholson’s video for song number 10 on the Radio 2 Top 20. It’ll mean enlisting the help of all your friends to recreate long drives and a campside cuddle. If Nicholson’s video is to be believed, it’s all guaranteed to work.
Franz Ferdinand describe their latest album as their most positive to date (and you can stream it on CBC Music for one week). The band is happy, optimistic and having a whole lot of fun. Need proof? Check out this behind-the-scenes look of the making of their latest album, Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action.
1. Walk Off the Earth, "Gang of Rhythm" (up two)
2. Tegan and Sara, "I Was a Fool" (down one)
3. Matt Epp feat. Serena Ryder, "When You Know" (up five + most online votes)
4. City and Colour, "The Lonely Life" (re-entry)
5. Serena Ryder, "What I Wouldn't Do" (down three)
6. Don Brownrigg, "Sweet Dream Sleeper" (up seven)
7. Express and Company, "Carry Me Along" (up four)
8. Franz Ferdinand, "Right Action" (up seven)
9. Lindy, "Dark Matter" (same)
10. Luke Nicholson, "We All Need" (same)
11. Vampire Weekend, "Unbelievers" (down five)
12. Imaginary Cities, "Bells of Cologne" (down seven)
13. Frank Turner, "Recovery" (down nine)
14. Tom Odell, "Another Love" (down two)
15. Cat Empire, "Brighter Than Gold" (up one)
16. Mumford & Sons, "Hopeless Wanderer" (down nine)
17. Mavis Staples, "Can You Get to That' (up two)
18. John Mayer, "Paper Doll" (down one)
19. The Lone Bellow, "You Never Need Nobody" (down one)
20. Toad the Wet Sprocket, "New Constellation" (same)
Tune in to Radio 2 Friday to hear the show at 7 p.m. (7:30 NT) and Sunday at 5 p.m. (5:30 NT). Follow us @CBCR2Top20 or email email@example.com.
on Aug 23, 2013